At HeroCoders, we help people get the most out of Jira by creating great apps for everyday tasks. We make tools for software and business teams that are used by over 20 000 companies. We have a few hundred thousand active users and 100% annual growth. While we are proud of those accomplishments, much remains to be done. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help build new features and products.
We solve complex problems and do serious engineering, but not rocket science. If you want to work at SpaceX, NASA, or design HAL 9000 AI, you should look elsewhere.
You’ll be part of the team developing Clockwork Automated Timesheets.
- Competitive salary with a business-to-business long-term contract (USD or PLN)
- 20 days of paid, annual leave
- One-week-long hackathon event each quarter
- 20% time on side projects and activities
- Control over your professional development, you’ll have the freedom to chose your path
- Be part of a small company and participate in business decisions
- Work on products loved by real people ❤️
You’re a software developer with over five years of professional, full-time experience. You’ve spent at least three of those years working with React or Rails. You aim to write easy-to-maintain software.
You’re a perfect match if:
- You know most of our technical stack.
- You want to know how customers use products and features that you create.
- You want to be self-sufficient.
- You research solutions to problems.
- You implement and test your ideas to ensure they are working.
- You don’t mind updating technical documentation.
- You work as part of a team helping others solve problems, pitching in on code reviews and support and asking for help when needed.
- You have sufficient English to talk on a call, communicate with team members and update written documents.
How You’ll Work at HeroCoders
- Be a part of the solution
You don’t have to limit yourself to only discuss the products you are working on. We also want you to help HeroCoders grow to new heights. As we like to say: “It takes a village to raise a startup” 😄
- Live where you want
We didn’t need a pandemic to teach us what remote work is. We’ve been a remote company since day one. You’re welcome to live anywhere as long as there’s some time overlap with Central Europe.
- No crazy hours
There may be rare occasions when things get crazy and extra hours are needed, but you can take time off to compensate. But overall, we prefer to work smarter than harder as we’re in this for the long haul and don’t want anyone to burn out.
It’s great to work anywhere, but we also believe it’s great to meet and have some fun together. We try to organize at least one annual retreat to spend quality time together, eat great food, have a drink, and talk about life.
Our technical stack
We run our apps on heroku. We use:
- Ruby on Rails
- Jetbrains IDEs (Rubmine, Webstorm)
- Heroku, NewRelic/Datadog, PagerDuty, Sentry, CircleCI, etc.
- Atlassian tools, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket